Objectives of the Qualification/ Program
The purpose of this training is to prepare trainees for employment in Refrigeration & Air-conditioning industry.
Description of the Qualification/ Program
Any Pre-requisite/ eligibility for admission
Admission to the diploma in Refrigeration & Air-conditioning does not require any prior qualification in Refrigeration & Air-conditioning or any experience of working in Refrigeration & Air-conditioning. However, the trainees should have at least completed high school with good results in English, Biology, and Chemistry with 80% or above.
- Theoretical Assessments (Formative and Summative).
- Practical Assessment- in DFP refrigeration workshop & Almarai workshops during plant visits.
- On Job Training Assessment – Paper based and practical assessment.
Duration of the Program/ Total Qualification Hours
- Total Training Hours at DFP: 2640 Hours (40*11=440*6=2640 Contact Hours)
- OJT Hours: 1056 Hours (22*8*6=1056)
- Total Training Guided Learning Hours: 2640+1056=3696 Hours
- Total Qualification Time (TQT) = 3696 Hours
- Trainee Satisfaction Feedback
- Graduate Satisfaction Feedback
- Line Manager/ Employer Feedback
Facilities and Resources
- Experienced and Qualified Trainers
- Modern State of the art Labs and Workshops
- Multimedia Classrooms
- Conducive Learning Environment
- Hostels/ Accommodation
- Counseling Services for trainees
- Sports and Recreational Activities
Head of Specialization Profile
Ariel Tomas Guillermo
He got his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Tarlac State University, Tarlac City, Philippines in 1995. He worked as a Head of Refrigeration of DFP from 2019 to present. He also worked for Almarai from 2005 to 2017 in different roles.